Welp. HubSpot is all grown up now. 😱 It's a professional-grade CRM with big (sometimes ugly) CRM problems. In no time, your brand new pretty little HubSpot can look downright disgusting with duplicate companies and contacts, manual lead assignments, and impossible-to-understand workflows. But it doesn't have to be this way.
Many startups utilize HubSpot because it is straightforward to implement, and it has exceptionally friendly, and accessible getting started price points. HubSpot even has a unique program offering deep discounts to VC-backed startups.
It's simple to get started and get going. However, your HubSpot CRM will get messy as you progress with HubSpot and have various people hacking away at it in your organization. Why is a dirty CRM bad?
A Messy HubSpot impacts revenue
- Salespeople can't find contact records and update multiple contact records with deal data.
- Marketing can't nurture appropriate prospects because they can't find them in the CRM.
- Marketing is doing everything by hand without the benefit of HubSpot native automation.
- Sales team members don't know how to utilize HubSpot templates, sequences, and tasks to improve outreach to prospects..
- Management doesn't have reporting showing the results of marketing efforts against sales opportunities.
What is the result? Your sales team members spend unnecessary time wandering around your CRM rather than selling. Marketing is falling behind in creating and implementing content, email, and paid campaigns. Revenue forecasts are unreliable. It's a big deal and non-trivial.
What is the answer? Get a HubSpot Administrator to oversee your precious Sales and Marketing CRM database and function.
What is a HubSpot Administrator?
A HubSpot Administrator's sole purpose is overseeing your CRM and ensuring its optimal use. What does a HubSpot administrator do?
- Works with sales and marketing to review, recommend and implement best practice processes and procedures within HubSpot
- Oversees data integrity in the HubSpot CRM through data import management, data cleanup, and deduping
- Develops, executes, and tests sales and marketing campaign automation
- Tracks and measures the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Creates and manages profiles, layouts, reports, dashboards, process automation, and other configurable parts of the HubSpot interface
- Provides day-to-day end-user support and assists users with best practices to improve and increase their knowledge of HubSpot
- Identifies, develops, and automates data integrity through automation workflows
- Manages the optimization of a HubSpot instance, including platform integrations, workflow development & management, templates, and troubleshooting
- And, is a subject matter expert for all things HubSpot
Advanced HubSpot Administrators also consult on
- Complex marketing ops topics (e.g., attribution, lead scoring, inbound/outbound approaches, etc.)
- Sales ops topics (e.g., sales enablement, sales org structures, sales process optimization, etc.)
- Tech stack topics and service ops topics (e.g. client onboarding, customer support, service org structures, and service process optimization).
Why do you Need a HubSpot Administrator?
Take our TRUE/FALSE quiz (yes, it's a trick). 😀
- Nobody in our organization wants or has the time or skills to keep our CRM data clean and organized.
- Nurturing our leads in HubSpot via marketing and sales motions is a manual process with little automation.
- We are focused on our business and don't have time to stay on top of HubSpot releases and software improvements.
- Our sales team doesn't take advantage of basic HubSpot sales automation capabilities like lead assignment, templates, sequences, meetings, and tasks.
You guessed it. 👍 If you answered TRUE to any of the above, you are likely at the point where you are a candidate for a HubSpot Admin service.
In-house Sales & Marketing Resource vs. 3rd Party Hubspot Consultants
We believe a sales and marketing organization needs to utilize a strategic combination of in-house resources and 3rd party HubSpot consultants. But why do we believe strongly in this model (beyond the obvious fact that we are HubSpot consultants 😎 )?
In-house Sales & Marketing Resources
Your in-house sales and marketing resources are responsible for sales and marketing strategy execution. In-house resources are focused 24x7 on the needs of your business, understanding your product, and are accountable directly to leaders' profit and revenue goals. Over time in-house resources gain expertise in your business, and lose expertise with tactical execution. Basically, your in-house resources' execution abilities stall out at the level they were at when they came into your business unless they work hard to keep their skills current.
3rd Party HubSpot Admin Consultants
3rd-party HubSpot sales and marketing admin consultants bring execution ideas into your organization from other businesses, and they are focused on being the best in executing sales and marketing strategies using Hubspot. They will never know your business, your products, your go-to-market strategy, as well as your in-house team. However, third-party consultants' livelihood depends upon staying abreast of HubSpot and its changes and software releases in the context of achieving your organization's goals.
Do you see how in-house resources and 3rd party resources are complementary? They work together to make your sales and marketing organization its absolute best.
Why do you need a Fractional HubSpot Administrator?
Finally, we strongly believe in a fractional model to support many B2B startups as well as established SMB B2B businesses. Why?
People you hire in-house to manage Hubspot and the CRM eventually become pulled in many different directions. Pretty soon, they aren't exclusively focusing on the CRM; they are crafting emails, supporting Sales presentations and templates, and helping your Service team write Knowledgebase articles. Your in-house resources quickly become sucked into your business because this is what the business needs most.
A Fractional HubSpot Administrator will know their place, and you will know their place. A fractional admin's job is to keep your Hubspot running well, automate wherever possible, implement sales and marketing tactics (vs. designing and writing them), and objectively measure results with no dogs 🐕 🐩 in the fight. It's honestly the best of both worlds.
You can't do everything. Nor should you.
When should you consider a Fractional HubSpot Administrator?
1. You are ready to invest in your growing company.
Your company is growing rapidly. and you are having trouble keeping up. You need someone to deal with the nuts and bolts of HubSpot while you work on the business.
2. You have just implemented HubSpot.
You are unsure how you would maintain it now that you have had a peek under the hood.
3. You have had HubSpot for a few years, but no one is in charge of the CRM.
Your business is taking off, but sales and marketing are having trouble using the data and automation in the CRM to support your optimized prospect segmentation and strategies. Neither feels responsible for data cleanliness.
4. You have no time.
You do not have time 🕰️ to deal with HubSpot and manage it daily as well as deal with your other strategic sales and marketing duties.
We have seen this need in our clients, time and time again. They have strategy and content covered. They need help with day-to-day execution and making their HubSpot and all its automation hum perfectly.
We crafted just the perfect Fractional HubSpot Administrator service to deal with the issues sales and marketing organizations face of riding a bike while also changing the tire.